- Photography – Fall Colors – September 2020Fall is a fun and photographic time of the year. As the leaves change color, wonderful opportunities appear for artistic freedom. The first photograph is developed using a flash placed behind the leaf to mimic the translucent glow of the sun. Getting the right balance of flash power and shutter speed creates really cool results. … Read more
- Photography – Milky Way from Acadia National Park – from August 2020Capturing the Milky Way is a challenging undertaking that needs to be well planned. There are numerous factors that one has to time just right: Weather conditions – clear skies and low humidity. Higher humidity will add unwanted haze. Time of the year – April through September are the best months. It is impossible to … Read more
- Photography – Lightning over New York City (Manhattan) – from August 2019Dramatic lightning show over the Manhattan skyline producing some very good cloud to ground lightning bolts. As always, safety is first priority and one should never put themselves at risk. These pictures were taken with an automated camera set up keeping human lives safely indoors. For more, see the Photography Album – Nature.
- Photography – Hard Hat vs Wave – August 2020A dramatic picture of fierce ocean waves attacking construction hard hat. Thanks, wifey for the dedicated picture! For more, see the Photography Album – Nature.
- Photography – Jones Beach – August 2020For more, see the Photography Album – Nature.
- Photography Guide – Capturing FireworksEquipment Proper equipment is key for success in capturing fireworks. As night-time photography has its challenges, the key features to look for is the ability for: Manual Focus Manual Mode (for Exposure and Aperture) Ability to affix the camera to a stationary object Required equipment in addition to the camera: Tripod or means to secure … Read more