- Parks ME – Acadia National ParkAcadia National Park, located on the United States’ East Coast, is the 7th most popular national park in 2019 with around 3.4 million visitors. It became a National Park in 1919 under the name of Lafayette National Park and renamed to Acadia National Park in 1929. The majority of Acadia is located within Mount Desert … Read more
- PREVIEW – Acadia National Park in MaineNo worries, the blog has not been forgotten. Over the past week and a half, I have been busy exploring Acadia National Park in Maine and surrounding areas such as Bar Harbor and Portland. With the foliage season around the corner, I wanted to give folks a jump start on what is coming up, and … Read more
- Parks NY – Minnewaska State Park Preserve – August 2020Minnewaska State Park Preserve’s unique landscape was formed when glaciers were retreating from North America leaving stunning views behind. The park is open for all guests who want to enjoy the Awosting Falls, take a stroll or have a picnic by Lake Minnewaska, go swimming or get adventurous by choosing among multiple hiking and biking … Read more
- Parks NY – The Windham Path – August 2020The Windham Path is a park featuring an easy 1.5-mile loop walk in Windham, NY. It is good for quick escapes to get in a healthy walk or have a seat at one of the many benches to relax. Although on those hot sunny days, be advised, this trail has no covering. Featuring:
- Parks NY – Cornell Botanic Gardens – July 2020Cornell University Botanic Gardens is a nice retreat to visit on a hot summer day. The botanic gardens are great for a quick stroll while visiting the campus. A great to make while out at the Finger Lakes region of NY.
- Parks NY – Lodi Point State Marine Park – July 2020Lodi Point State Marine Park is located in the Finger Lakes region of NY state. The park is placed perfectly at Seneca lake to capture very nice sunsets in the evening. It’s a relatively small park. It suited for hanging out by the lake with picnic and barbeque area, playground, and loading ramp for boaters. … Read more
- Parks CT – Bartlett Arboretum & Gardens – May 2020Hard to consider Bartlett an arboretum and a garden as it is very much a walk through the woods which leaves the feeling of a nature preserve. Don’t come here with a nice dress and shoes as it’s a rough walk. Highly recommend going with a pair of decent sneakers. Wonderful place to take the … Read more