For those hot summer days, this is a wonderful and easy hike for the family to experience Bish Bash Falls. It is an easy, short 1.82 mile, in-out hike with minimal elevation. The view is worth it.
- Wild Flower
Table of Contents
Highest single-drop waterfall in Massachusetts measuring in at 60 feet.
There are two parking access points to Bish Bash Falls. This post is about access from the NY side parking lot. There are ample parking spaces and quick visits to keep parking spaces dicing. Click on ‘Directions’ to get a Google Maps route to here. Alternatively, below is listed the MA side parking lot.
Alternatively, can park at the parking lot on Massachusetts side. While the trail to Bish Bash Falls from this lot is steeper, it is about 1/3 of the distance..
- NY-NJ Trail Conference South Taconic Map Set (includes Map 107)
- Avenza Maps NY-NJ TC Map 107
Trail Map, Elevation and Statistics
Max elevation: 1890 ft
Min elevation: 1669 ft
Total climbing: 374 ft
- [0.00 miles] Trail entrance is located at the end of the parking lot.
- [0.60 miles] New York and Massachusetts state line.
- [0.77 miles] Bish Bash Falls. Take a walk down the stairs for a closer view. When done exploring, turn around and head back to the parking lot.
- [1.82 miles] Total distance of hike after exploring by the basin for photo opportunities.
Trail map at the entrance.
View from the river next to the trail to the falls.
Trail and river view leading up to the falls.
The crossing of New York State to Massachusetts.
View of the falls and basin. Really awesome place to relax. Swimming is prohibited despite what is going on.
Close up view of the falls.
View of the falls from below. Especially stunning in early spring when the water level is high.